27.9.14

OUR ADVENTURE TO QUEENSFERRY.















Sometimes I forget how lucky I'am. To be surrounded one half of the year by the beautiful British coast and the other half in the Borders and one of my favourite places, Edinburgh. Scott & I recently ventured across to South Queensferry is a part of Edinburgh I hadn't even dreamed of visited but after  seeing a unmissable deal on Groupon we travelled 30 minutes out of the city only to arrive in a quaint village with a historical past. 

We visited South Queensferry to go on a boat tour around the Fourth river and view the famous Fourth bridge and boy are we glad we did. I saw a side to Edinburgh I've never seen before, I was astounded at how close and yet how far I was from the city and the seashore. 

We arrived early and managed to find a sweet little coffee shop where we loaded up on Mocha, Cappuccino and a delicious caramel brownie before heading out onto the water. 

Coming from a seaside town, I've been in sailing boats but never a motorised one so I was very excitable, as you can imagine. The water was calm and the weather was sunny providing a beautiful trip around the river, under the bridges and even offering a stop off on a mystery island, which we passed on. 

One of the best bits must have been the seals! Since being with Scott I have learned to appreciate nature and seeing wild grey seals was just fantastic and defiantly made it worth the trip alone! 

If you ever get the chance to visit and take the journey, please do! It was one of the best/memorable things I've ever done and I loved every second of it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment