5.9.14

MY WEEK WITH OBSCURE COUTURE.





As every fashion student knows internships are a vital part of your fashion career and for a week in August I was lucky enough to intern with Obscure Couture, a Glaswegian fashion brand. The company was started just over 4 years ago by Lyndsay & Jenn both very talented young designers that graduated from Heriot Watt University, the same university I attend. 

When travelling up from Brighton I wasn't sure what to expect, never the pattern cutter or a sewer I wondered what I could offer the girls, I was nervous to say the least. My first day my mind was put at ease, easily 2 of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting and they made me feel welcome & like part of their family instantly! 

After a few days cutting and doing my best not to ruin everything I was entrusted with the mailing list and created graphics on photoshop which I felt very honoured and proud todo. Although I was there for only 4 days, I learnt so much about small businesses, couture, construction and what it takes to make it in the fashion industry. 

I can't thank the girls enough for having me & I can't wait to return whenever I get the next opportunity! 

The images above are some of my favourites from their latest collection, Vulgar. 
Check them out here-  http://www.obscure-couture.com



All images from Obscure Couture- http://www.obscure-couture.com

1 comment:

  1. Good luck dear! I'll be checking the page! maybe we can follow each other?, i’m following you via bloglovin and GFC… Hope you can do the same :)
    New Post… Visit Curly Glow

    ReplyDelete