22.7.14

A NIGHT AT THE OPERA.













Hello everyone! So this Saturday night I was lucky enough to attend the Opera, fancy pants I know! A family friend works at the Glyndebourne and managed to get my Mum & I two free tickets.

Our evening started early as the show started at 5.20pm so we got our gladrags on and made our way past Brighton to Lewis where the Opera house is located. We were greeted by Johnny the family friend & were given a backstage tour! Viewing rehearsal areas, lightning offices, props and of course the stage, it was a great preview of what was to come. We sipped on Pimm's in the luxurious garden surrounded by sheep, which were brilliant company making my Mum and me laugh! 

We then headed in for the first half of Don Giovanni, now I hadn't been to the Opera before this occasion and didn't know what to expect, I heard you either love it or you hate it and I absolutely loved it. Our view from the upper circle gave us a view of the whole theatre and allowed us to have a birds eye view of the show. 

At half time we were given an hour & a half to enjoy a picnic outside, this happens only during the summer at Glyndebourne during the festival months but this was a great opportunity to discuss the first half and get some fresh air. 

We then headed in for the second half. The Opera, Don Giovanni is a story of a lothario, a true brut who lies and deceits women who commits a terrible crime... And I wont give away the rest but it was truly one of the best experiences of my life! So if you ever get the chance say YES! 

I will definately be visiting again soon, have any of you guys been to the Opera? If so any suggestions?



No comments:

Post a Comment